EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW TODAY
Your Tuesday Morning Brief
1. MP Wimal Weerawansa noted that the no-confidence motion against the government was brought to display that Ranil Wickremesinghe has a majority in the parliament.
2. The Customs noted the containers containing garbage which are in custody will be opened on Thursday (July 18).
3. UPFA MP Susil Premajayantha noted that that the project to construct the House of Justice by the Ministry of Justice would force Sri Lanka to pay Rs 200mn every month for the next 20 years.
4. Maharu Ferosh Hettiarachchi, a director of Blue Mountain was produced before the courts for the Blue Mountain scam.
5. Australian Catherine Jane Fisher, a rape victim by a US soldier who was left with no mercy due to US-Japan SOFA, requests to amend the agreement.
6. The European Union and Sri Lanka held an informal counter-terrorism dialogue underlining the EU’s solidarity with Sri Lanka following the April 21st terrorist attacks.
7. A man found guilty for the possession of 3.31 grams of heroin was sentenced to life in prison by Colombo High Court Justice.
8. A total of 3154 drunk drivers were arrested by Sri Lanka Police in Special Operations carried out over the past 10 days.
9. The officer-in-charge of the Panadura North Police Station was interdicted yesterday after two T56 assault rifles were reported missing.
10. Mohamed Farouk Mohamed Fawaz suspected of being the Colombo District Leader of the banned National Thawheed Jamaath Organization was released on two sureties of Rs. 500,000.